POETRY IS LIFE -

Thank you for taking time to read the material posted here. I would be pleased if you could comment, and I promise to comment back. Sincerely, Nancy

Followers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

ONE MORE VICTIM

One More Victim

He has aged –
during the “sixties”
both he and I ran
for a position – he
wanted to be class
President, and I
would have been
his secretary – his
confidant.

Well, he’s still
running – he runs
after ambulances,
the disabled,
fire trucks and
police cars.

The difference –
he never smiles
his advertisement
on your television
in big white numbers
his connection to a
world where every
person cries for help –

He lost the race
for President – and I
became the editor
of a newspaper –
learned about people
who chase flashing
red lights

Nancy Duci Denofio
all rights reserved

No comments: