POETRY IS LIFE -

Thank you for taking time to read the material posted here. I would be pleased if you could comment, and I promise to comment back. Sincerely, Nancy

Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

WHERE ANGELS FLEW BETWEEN THE TREES

“Where Angels Flew Between the Trees”

Angels gather there, above trees
behind my home – they told me so –
do you believe me?
do you see angels in my tree?

In the morning I stood barefoot
grass sneaking between toes
morning dew coats our home
our cellar door –

My feet wet – damp
I wiggle my toes – wait
wait for my turn to visit with angels
wondering if I too could fly?

Patience, as I brush back my hair
moistened by the morning dew
as the sun pops out between
a mountain in the distance
now closer to my time…

My eyes stare forward at the tree -
sparkles of light now flicker as
diamonds – yet - it could not compare
to what has entered my being –

A peace, a calm, a life beyond what
I left inside, now inside my heart –
my soul – and I wiggle my toes.

Nancy Duci Denofio
all rights reserved

No comments: