POETRY IS LIFE -

Thank you for taking time to read the material posted here. I would be pleased if you could comment, and I promise to comment back. Sincerely, Nancy

Followers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Drifts of Sand

I want you to know -
our afternoons
writing poetry
in the park -
is a world I
often visit…

I heard – you,
still love me?
despite lines on
my face, a permanent
marker of
timeless drifts of
sand…

If suddenly you
choose to climb
into my world,
for just a moment
we could run
through high grass,
you, chasing me,
touch a cold rock
warmed by our
skin in the
cavern of our life,
again…

For just one
moment
you know how it is
your voice
a memory,
which fades into

shadows of orange
light… and night,
a beginning for
tomorrow –
a touch
of your hand still…
Yesterday…

If you pass me
on the street -
I know you would
stop, sweep me
into your life,
side by side,
drenched in sunlight
of tomorrow…


I can still taste
your lips…

You, wear black
ties, travel in
limousines…

my world could
fit into many
spaces…

No comments: