POETRY IS LIFE -

Thank you for taking time to read the material posted here. I would be pleased if you could comment, and I promise to comment back. Sincerely, Nancy

Followers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

NIGHT A PRIVATE HELL

Night a Private Hell


Knew, it wasn't right -
his laughing -
while I tried to signal
fear from blind eyes -
cut communication –
be noticed by a bystander.

door latch
higher then me,
listening to shuffle
of his feet –

where could a blind girl
hide in a strange place?

how long before bruises
tangle with insanity?

Afraid to speak out –
a coarse laugh blemished
pigment of the blind,
tears fall covering light -
how trite I must appear?

insignificant, nondescript -
true, he recorded my
every more...
I had to find a passage,
soon.

Hands wrapped - wheels
scrapped on ice - someone
please - read my pain, read my face,
feel cold sweat on my brow.

a friendless world - nightfall
a private hell,
begged for death, to break
his pattern

to melt away as snow.

Nancy Duci Denofio
all right reserved

No comments: