POETRY IS LIFE -

Thank you for taking time to read the material posted here. I would be pleased if you could comment, and I promise to comment back. Sincerely, Nancy

Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

LOVE PASSES BY

LOVE PASSES BY


In the meadow I have
found comfort – among
high grass and weeds
yet not alone - did I come
here to be touched as
nature sees

In the forest I have seen
not the dark - but love
of night. . .
It is there I go - but not
alone to taste how
darkness feels - far
from home

In the mountain I go but
not alone to walk paths –
but to follow steps before
me – to wallow in pines –
It’s there I find a hand
clenched tightly to mine

In the streets I go - not alone
but with strangers in my way -
lonely when eyes meet -
where people have no
time to stay –
In streets where music plays

Perhaps - this is why
I stay away

Nancy Duci Denofio
all rights reserved

No comments: