POETRY IS LIFE -

Thank you for taking time to read the material posted here. I would be pleased if you could comment, and I promise to comment back. Sincerely, Nancy

Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WISDOM

WISDOM

you make people feel
you are filled with wisdom
you are smarter and I
should listen

they haven't seen darkness
only stones of sapphires
glowing - when I stare
into your eyes

a path you paved - one
step at a time,
you placed a rock -
each step you took
for me to trip and fall

you have stopped water
for a way to keep moving -
you have opened up the
dam where I have drowned

where is this wisdom
they tell me to follow?
for I have taken many
steps behind you

have you hidden all the
wisdom they have seen,
from me?
to fear but one more step -

behind -
will be my last

Nancy Duci Denofio
all rights reserved

No comments: